As part of the PSHE programme at The Mosslands School students are encouraged to discuss age appropriate issues around their personal safety and long term wellbeing. To support you at home we would like to draw your attention to the following resource from the CEOP Education team.
“BRAND NEW CEOP RESOURCE: NUDE SELFIES: What Parents and Carers Need to Know
We would like to draw your attention in particular to the launch of 'Nude Selfies: What Parents and Carers Need to Know'. This is a series of four short animated films for parents and carers offering advice on how to help keep their children safe from the risks associated with sharing nude and nearly nude images.
The films aim to help parents and carers:
- Understand young people's motivations for sending “inappropriate / nude selfies”.
- Plan to respond positively and constructively to an incident in which their child has shared an “inappropriate / nude selfie”.
- Gain confidence and skills in initiating preventative conversations.
- Identify risky behaviours or situations and know where to seek help.
- Know how to get help if a child is at risk after sharing an image.
Film One: Understanding Why
Film Two: Talking to your child
Film Three: When should I be worried?
Film Four: How to get help
The films can be found at https://www.youtube.com/user/ceop and are part of a national initiative to address the increasing range of problems being experienced by young people associated with on-line media.