GCSE Business Studies
What will you learn about?
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t studied business prior to taking this course. You might have an interest in business, and want to start your own business one day. You may have an enquiring mind and be interested in learning about the world around you, how businesses are set up, and what it is that makes someone a great entrepreneur. This course will help you to understand all this and more.
QAN Code: 500/4576/3
Level: 1& 2
Exam Board: Edexcel
You will be introduced to:
- The world of small businesses
- What makes someone a successful business person
- How to develop an idea and spot an opportunity, and turn that into a successful business
- How to make a business effective
- How to manage money
- How the world around us affects small businesses and all the people involved.
This is a GCSE qualification and you can achieve a grade ranging from A* - G.
There are three units of study over the two years:
- Unit 1 is externally assessed through a 45-minute paper - Multiple-choice and objective test questions.
- Unit 2 is internally assessed under controlled conditions - The task is internally marked by teachers and moderated by Edexcel.
- Unit 3 is externally assessed through a 1 hour 30 minutes paper - Questions will comprise of a combination of multiple-choice, short- and extended-answer, data response and scenario-based questions.
This course can help you prepare for further and higher education such as AS/A2 Levels and BTEC and NVQ courses. You will become skilled in making decisions, being creative, solving problems, understanding finance, dealing with data, communicating and working as part of team.
A GCSE Business qualification could lead to work in a business-related profession such as accountancy, law, marketing or the leisure, travel and tourism industry