About the course:
Our Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Gym Based Exercise) is for learners seeking to work in the health and fitness industry as a personal trainer, specialising in gym based exercise. This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-19 age group and is based on fitness National Occupational Standards (NOS). The qualification is recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for employment/self-employment as a personal trainer.
What does this qualification cover?
All learners complete 10 units in total, including:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
How will it be assessed:
Students will need to complete ALL 10 MANDATORY units. Units will be assessed in different ways which will be mainly via internal assessment (practical delivery and witness statements) some by external assessment (exam) and a final interview from an External assessor.
What is expected of you:
This qualification, whilst very relevant to the learner’s environment, is still demanding. You will have to choose and complete a range of units, be organised in order to meet deadlines, be prepared to do a large amount of independent research, take some external assessments, and keep a portfolio of your assignments.
What it prepares you for:
Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to join REPs and become a Level 3 member as a personal trainer.
Career opportunities as a personal trainer for gym based exercise exist in a variety of settings, including:
- gyms/leisure centres/sports clubs
- independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- hotels and spas
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment as a personal trainer, learners may choose to further develop their knowledge and skills by undertaking a specialist technical qualification, these include:
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Mat-Based Pilates
Learners are most likely to succeed if they have:
• 5 GCSEs at grades 4/C or above and/or
• Achievement in English and Mathematics at GCSE
CR Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Gym Based exercise): 601/1894/5
For more information please speak to: Mr C. Nall – EVO Sport