Key Stage 3
Students enter The Mosslands School and are immediately set using their Key Stage 2 Sat’s level and is subsequently refined using internal assessments that are completed over the year.
- Mosslands follows a three year scheme of work in years 7 to 9 using Collins Education’s tailored scheme of work.
- We have recently purchased the most up to date text books for all students and will be utilising three tiers of text books for each of years 7 - 9.
- Year 7 pupils have ten lessons a fortnight, reducing to nine 50 minute lessons over the two week cycle above that and students are all taught using interactive whiteboards, with up to date mathematical software.
- Homework is set weekly; Year 7 on Wednesday or Thursday, Year 8 on Monday or Thursday and Year 9 on Thursday. This can take a variety of forms, but will include worksheets, investigations, research and revision and can sometimes using the unique facility of “Mymaths”. This software allows students to study mathematics interactively, before completing online homeworks, which can be viewed and commented upon by their teacher.
- We use “CAME” in investigative Mathematics which feeds in to students developing more mature ways of approaching their learning, encouraging teamwork and independent thinking.
- All students will be assessed every half term to ensure that pupils remain on their designated flight-path.
- Our most able students participate in the individual and team Junior United Kingdom mathematical challenges (UKMC) each year. Progress can be made from the regional to the national finals and students are awarded gold, silver and bronze certificates for their performances.
Please be aware the password has changed for MyMaths,
Pupils can get new passwords from the Maths Teachers.