- Gain understanding of his own physical ability and to provide experiences which help to promote character
- Develop a love of sport and a healthy, active lifestyle
- Develop leadership skills in lessons
- Learn from each other in small group contexts
- Try a variety of activities
- Be challenged at all levels of ability and develop physical skills as a result
- Define clear progressions for those wanting to study PE at KS4 and 5 and guidance for those who may seek a career in sport
Students are placed in ability bands at the beginning of each year. We believe that this leads to pupils who are more motivated and challenged at the correct level. Students can be moved throughout the year if they score highly in assessments. They may be placed in different groups for different activities if they show promise in that area.
All kit is available from the school office. Parents can contact the school directly to order new items.
If a student is unable to physically take part in a lesson they are expected to bring in a note from their parent or carer with an explaination of the injury. The student is still expected to bring in their kit so that they can take part in the lesson as an official or coach.
KS3 PE Curriculum
Extra Curricular Timetable