Active IQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Personal Training for Health, Fitness and Performance
About the course:
2 A-level equivalent holding UCAS points
2 year course
22 units in total
What does this qualification cover?
1. Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness, 2. Planning and instructing gym-based exercise, 3. Health and safety in a physical activity, fitness and sport environment, 4. Applied human biology for exercise and fitness, 4. Applied human biology for exercise and fitness, 5. Principles of nutrition for healthy lifestyles, 6. Conducting consultations with personal training clients, 7. Programme design and delivery for personal training, 8. Delivering exceptional customer care, 9. Enterprise and entrepreneurship, 10. Marketing products and services, 11. Technology in sport and exercise, 12. Managing personal and professional development, 13. Research methods for academic study, 14. Research skills for academic study, 18. Nutrition for sport and exercise performance, 19. The role of exercise referral for managing medical conditions, 22. Physical activity and health considerations for the older adult, 23. Designing and adapting exercise programmes for the older adult, 26. Principles of sports conditioning, 32. Psychology of health and exercise, 33. The role of public health promotion, 34. Facilitating behaviour change for health and wellbeing.
How will it be assessed?
External Assessment - These units are timetabled examinations. Achievement at unit level is graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction based on reaching the required grade boundary marks for each externally assessed unit. Internal Assessment - Your tutor will grade your work/evidence for each unit. Work/evidence can come from a number of sources such as assignments, tasks or work-based activities (through projects or real work), observation/recording of practices, responses to questions and witness statements.
What is expected of you?
- Respect: Staff, classmates, equipment, office/classroom
- Good attitude: In everything you do - studies, football training, workouts
- Punctuality: Be on time to all sessions
- Listen: If someone is talking (staff or classmate), respect them and listen
- Be prepared: Equipment, kit, lunch
What does this qualification prepare you for?
Employment in the gym/exercise industry
University to study a fitness related degree
An interest in exercise and fitness
Grade 4 or above/equivalent GCSE/Cambridge Technical in PE/Sports studies OR Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification
ACTIVE IQ LEVEL 3 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN PERSONAL TRAININF FOR HEALTH, FITNESS AND PERFORMANCE (601/9002/4)
For more information please speak to:
Mr. A. Vile