GCSE English Language
Qualification: GCSE English Language
Level: 1 and 2
Exam Board: AQA
New for September 2015
What you learn about
- Demonstrate your understanding of fiction and non–fiction texts
- Develop close reading and analytical skills in evaluating specific texts
- Write descriptive and narrative pieces
- Write to present a viewpoint
- Develop communication skills through discussion and presentation
This is two year course is assessed through external examination at the end of Year 11.
|Paper 1:||1 hour 45 minutes
50% of GCSE
|Paper 2:||1 hour 45 minutes
50 % of GCSE
Set and marked by your English teacher. 0% weighting of GCSE, separate endorsement.
English Language is a compulsory course and important requirement for many careers and Higher Education courses.