Level 2 IT, Business & Media
About the course:
The Cambridge Technical Level 2 course in Business, IT and Media offers you the opportunity to develop skills in a wide range of Business situations, using ICT applications and gaining an understanding of Digital Media. The course consists of a number of individual units, through which you will learn how the world has become more online and how to produce a digital portfolio. In IT you will look at how networks operate, produce complex spreadsheet functions and develop databases for information retrieval. In Business you will gain an understanding of the different types of business along with preparing yourself for a job and in Digital Media you will look at introducing media products to an audience and another skill based unit.
How will it be assessed?
The course is practical and work related. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. The Level 2 Cambridge Technical is assessed using coursework, internally assessed tasks and has no formal examinations.
What is expected of you:
- It is important that students are fully prepared for a large workload and they are self-disciplined to be able to meet deadlines.
- The course is designed to encourage independent learning and you will need to ensure you are responsible for your own learning.
- A significant amount of the course will require you to do your own independent research using the internet, and to appropriately present your findings.
- You will need to be fully aware of what is required from each task in terms of outcomes.
- You will be given tracking sheets and feedback which will allow you to monitor and track your own progress.
What it prepares you for:
This course introduces you to the employment area of Business, Information and Communication Technology and Media. This course provides a number of essential skills that employers are looking for. Alternately you can move onto other Level 3 qualifications.
You will need to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English and a pass grade in IT. However, if you have not achieved the Maths and/or English, you can still join the course but would have to do these qualifications alongside the course.
For More Information:
Contact Mr M. Inman – Subject Lead for ICT/Business – Room A28