Music BTEC Specification
Qualification: BTEC First Award in Music
QAN Code: 600/6818/8
Exam Board: Edexcel
What you learn about:
The Music Industry and it’s types of organisations and understanding Job roles within the industry
Planning, developing, promoting, managing and reviewing a music event, CD or radio station
- develop your music performance skills and review your own practice
- use your music performance skills within rehearsal and performance
- explore creative stimuli to meet a brief
- develop, extend and shape music for performances
- present compositions appropriately.
The course is split into the following four units:
- The Music Industry Externally assessed, 1 hour exam paper
- Managing a Music Product Internally assessed coursework
- Introducing Music Composition Internally assessed coursework
- Introducing Music Performance Internally assessed coursework.
- This qualification is the equivalent of a GCSE and is offered at Level 2.
- Level 2 enables students to gain A*to C.
- The four tier grading structure gives learners appropriate recognition for their efforts:
- Distinction* (A*) 58 points; Distinction (A) 52 points; Merit (B) 46 points; Pass (C) 40 points.
- One unit is Exam based carried out in a 1 hour externally marked exam and there are 3 coursework elements internally assessed.
During the course you will have access to lunch and after school support to help you prepare for each unit.
Your lessons will be used to teach you skills and knowledge related to the unit and to practice exam techniques to help you develop the required knowledge for the course.