Science stimulates curiosity for the world around us, develops logical thinking and embeds literacy and numeracy skills; we aim to inspire our scientists to be well-rounded, enthusiastic and able to work independently or as a team with confidence and resilience.
Subject Lead: Mrs Weston
The Science Department consists of 12 laboratories and 4 preparatory rooms. We also have a specialist STE@M Laboratory for STEM based activities.
The Science team are dedicated to supporting their students through lunchtime homework support, weekly revision session and general open door policy.
Dedicated support time is provided in the lead up to examinations across all year groups, with revision sessions or clinics scheduled weekly.
- STE@M club
- STEM Activities – students regularly attend external events throughout the year.
- Lego Club
- Animal Handling Club
Aims of the Science Department
As teachers of Science with varied qualifications and subject specialisms, we bring a wide range of experience and expertise to this large department which is used to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom.
- To develop your ability to think independently and take a genuine interest in Science.
- To increase your awareness of Science so that you develop as analytical thinkers, investigators and researchers.
- To promote the enjoyment of Science within the classroom and in the world around us.
- To equip you with sufficient knowledge about Science so that you can access and understand Science in the media through learning across the curriculum and developing skills that will prepare you for life-long learning.