The SEND Team
Welcome to the SEND Team
Meet the Team (from left to right)
- Mrs Treanor (SENDCO)
- Mrs Kewin (Level 3 Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Oldfield (Level 3 Teaching Assistant)
Level 2 Teaching Assistants
- Mr Ward
- Miss Everson
- Mr Platt
- Mrs Keating
- Mrs Safadi
- Miss O'Toole
- Mrs Moran
We believe in the SEND department that each child is an individual and that many children have particular needs that have to be addressed if they are to have a happy and successful school experience.
Our hope for children with special educational needs and disabilities is the same as for all children and young people – that they are valued in our learning community, achieve and experience a well-rounded and balanced school journey with the opportunity to thrive being happy and healthy.
Our team of Teaching Assistants provide support in the classroom and focused interventions to small groups and individuals. We will be around to support before and after school plus during you break and lunchtime so everyone feels supported, safe and happy with all barriers removed.
- make the curriculum as accessible as possible to meet the individual needs.
- ensure all staff are aware of the different types of needs faced by our pupils, so that suitable provision can be made in their subject areas.
- implement additional support and intervention where necessary to assist pupils in overcoming learning difficulties.
- work closely with parents and carers, keeping them informed of their child’s progress and the support in place for them.
We can’t wait to meet our new pupils.