Virus Update Letter - 26th Feb 2020
Dear Parents/Carers Re: Coronavirus
I write with the most recent update relating to the Coronavirus. We continue to follow the advice for schools and educational settings from Public Health England (PHE) which is provided below:
You may be aware that advice for travellers from affected areas has recently changed and it has come to our attention that this may affect children and staff returning from trips.
Please be aware that this is a fast-evolving situation and we will continue to share any new advice at the earliest opportunity.
As of 25 February advice for returning travellers is as follows;
1) If you have returned from the following areas since 19 February, call NHS111 to inform them of your recent travel, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms:
▪ Iran ▪ Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy* as designated by the Government of Italy:
▪ *In the Lombardy Region: *Bertonico; Casalpusterlengo; Castelgerundo; Castiglione D'Adda; Codogno; Fombio; Maleo; San Fiorano; Somaglia; and Terranova dei Passerini
▪ *In the Veneto Region: *Vo ▪ *A map has been published to help detail the relevant areas 1 and 2.
▪ Daegu or Cheongdo (Republic of Korea)
▪ Hubei province, China (returned in the past 14 days)
2) If you have returned from the following areas since 19 February:
▪ Northern Italy - outside areas 1 and 2 (see map) ▪ Vietnam ▪ Cambodia ▪ Laos ▪ Myanmar or If you have returned to the UK from any of the following areas in the last 14 days:
▪ Other parts of China outside Hubei province ▪ Thailand ▪ Japan ▪ Republic of Korea ▪ Hong Kong ▪ Taiwan ▪ Singapore ▪ Malaysia ▪ Macau, You should stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people immediately and call NHS111 only if you develop symptoms. Information for the public is available at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public Advice from Public Health England.
The full link for updated guidance is as follows: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Mr Adrian Whiteley