Gifted & Talented
Mr. Taylor (Gifted & Talented Coordinator) talks about how our school enables students to reach their full potential
Gifted & Talented and Aimhigher at Mosslands 2010-11
At Mosslands we believe that all pupils are entitled to an education that will enable them to develop their full potential, be that intellectual, physical, emotional, spiritual or social. Every young person has individual needs, which need to be met if they are to fulfil their potential. We endeavour to provide a sufficiently challenging curriculum for all pupils, including those who are particularly able.
Pupils will be stretched, stimulated and challenged within and across curriculum subjects, and also undertake a programme of activities throughout the year, with articles appearing on the school website throughout the year. A small flavour of some of the many activities planned include:
- A range of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) days throughout the year for different year groups
- Subject Masterclasses
- A fun Christmas Lecture
- Aimhigher Associates Mentoring programme
- University visits, including a Year 9 residential at Edge Hill University in June
- A Year 10 Young Researchers Project with Aimhigher and the University of Liverpool
- Higher Education ‘Subject Choice’ talks and support with UCAS applications
- Information, Advice and Guidance for pupils at key points of transition.
Mr. B. Taylor
Gifted & Talented Coordinator