About the course:
This course is designed for school student with the ability to complete a Level 2 course of study, and who may be motivated to progress onto an apprenticeship in engineering or a further Level 3 qualification. This one-year programme teaches the key principles of engineering technology and is the equivalent to A* - C/ 4 - 9 GCSE grades.
What does this qualification cover?
This is the perfect course to get hands-on experience in engineering alongside studies at school.
Students will complete units in:
- Unit 203 – Principles of Engineering
- Unit 204 – Developing Engineering Workshop Practice
- Unit 205 – Working in Engineering Business
- The additional 3 units will compromise of either Fabrication & Welding or Mechanical Maintenance units.
This course is a one-year course structured in the following way:
- Monday – Mosslands
- Tuesday – College
- Wednesday – Mosslands
- Thursday – Work Experience
- Friday – College
You will be expected to source your own work experience but assistance can be provided if required.
You will be expected to make your own way to College and the hours are 8.30am – 4pm.
PPE will be provided by the College (Sizes taken at induction)
What is expected of you:
To create an environment which helps you to have the best chance of success we expect all learners to:
- Attend every class
- Show respect to their tutors and peers
- Adhere to Health & Safety regulations and policies in college and at site
- Be dedicated and committed to working hard- putting in 100% of effort from the very beginning of their programme
- Communicate with the team if they have any issues
- Make the most of the opportunities to source work experience
What it prepares you for:
Engineering lies at the heart of everything we do in this country – from the machines and equipment we use to roads we drive on, vehicles we travel in and houses we live in. To meet demand, engineering companies need to recruit 2.56m people before 2022, creating 275,000 new vacancies.
Upon completion of this course you can progress onto:
- Level 3 BTEC in Engineering (equivalent to 2 A Levels)
- Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Traineeship Programme
- ITEC Programme
• Achievement in five GCSEs (incl. English, Mathematics & Science)
• Experience of Engineering is desirable but not essential
For more information:
If you are an internal applicant, please talk to Mrs Danher about the possibility of studying Engineering in the sixth form.
If you are an external applicant and would like more details about this course please email email@example.com
Or you can contact - Paul Caley – Deputy Operations Manager, The Engineering College