Free School Meals
Free school meals are available for children if their parent or carer receives certain benefits. In addition the School receives Pupil Premium funding each year of £935 per student who is entitled to free school meals; this funding continues for up to six years after the free school meals claim ends. This means that even if you only expect to claim for a short period of time the Pupil Premium funding will continue to support your child’s education for the long term.
If you don’t apply our school will miss out on funding which could go towards providing additional support for your child. If your child prefers to bring a packed lunch you will still need to register for free school meals for our School to receive the Pupil Premium funding.
Do you qualify?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Pupils can qualify for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves
Come and talk to us if you’re not sure.
How does it work?
1. Checking whether you qualify and registering is really quick and easy – do it online at: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-wirral/
2. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year) and the school gets extra money to help your child and others in their class.
3. If you don’t want your child to have a free school meal they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify, and are registered, the school still gets the extra money
Contact Info: Gary Wooder
Tel: 0731 639 8131