Skip to content ↓

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if?

If I am late?

You need to go to Reception to get your attendance mark.  You will be given a slip to show the teacher of the next lesson.  If you are late you will be given a 30 minute detention unless there is a valid reason why you are late.

If you have a dental / medical appointment?

You should show the Appointment Card or letter to your Form Tutor and sign out at Reception at the agreed time.

If you loses something?

Lost property is handed in to the main office or to the House Offices.  PE Kit is handed in to Mr Reed in the Sports Hall.  All property should be marked with your name.

If you don't understand the homework?

Speak to your subject teacher, Form Tutor or a friend. We are happy to help you when you are struggling with work or don't understand a task. It is better to ask questions rather than not attempting work at all. 

If you forget your homework or PE Kit?

Confess!  Explain to your subject teacher before the lesson.

If you get something confiscated?

You must see the person who has confiscated the item, to arrange a time for collection.

If you need to see a First Aider?

First Aid qualified staff are available at all times.  There are signs displayed around the school telling you where the nearest First Aider is located.  House Office staff will direct you if you have a problem.

If you forget your dinner/ dinner money or bus fare?

It is sometimes possible to borrow money from the House Office.  This must be repaid the following school day. We can make phone calls home to arrange for your lunch to be delivered in or we can provide you with a lunch which you can pay for the next day.