About the course:
The Level 3 Cambridge Technical in IT is a robust new qualification that prepares learners for their choice of University, Level 4 qualifications or employment.
The course is a well-respected qualification and is equivalent to 1 A-Level.
In addition to technical skills and knowledge, IT students will also develop other key abilities such as the ability to communicate clearly at all levels; to plan and to manage a project; Decision making and problem-solving.
How will it be assessed?
The Level 3 Cambridge Technical is assessed using coursework, internally assessed tasks and formal
Topics planned for the course commencing 2019
- Fundamentals of IT
- Global Information
- Application Development
- Internet of Everything
- Computer Networks
What is expected of you:
- It is important that students are fully prepared for a large workload and they are self-disciplined to be able to meet deadlines.
- The course is designed to encourage independent learning and you will need to ensure you are responsible for your own learning.
- A significant amount of the course will require you to do your own independent research using the internet, and to appropriately present your findings.
- You will need to be fully aware of what is required from each task in terms of outcomes.
- You will be given tracking sheets and feedback which will allow you to monitor and track your own progress.
What it prepares you for:
Successful completion of the course will allow access to undergraduate degree programmes, Level 4 qualifications or employability within the IT sector.
Entry Requirements: You will need to have achieved 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at least grade 4 and a pass grade in IT.
For More Information: Contact Mr M. Inman – Subject Lead for ICT/Business – Room A28