What you Learn:
GCSE Chinese helps students develop their Mandarin language skills in a variety of contexts and a broad understanding of the culture of countries and communities where Mandarin is spoken. It encourages enjoyment of language learning and the recognition that language skills enable students to take their place in a multi-lingual society.
You will be able to understand and provide information and opinions on the contexts and own experiences.
Theme 1 – Lifestyle;
Family, friends social issues, healthy lifestyle choices
Theme 2 - Home and environment;
Home, local area and environmental issues
Theme 3 – Work and Education;
School, jobs and future plans
Theme 4 – Leisure;
Holidays, free time and media
- Taught by Mandarin speaker
- Interactive on and offline learning
- Links with partner school in Taicang China with opportunity for exchange trips
- Host Chinese students and delegations visiting the school
- Opportunities for further education in China (eg joint degree)
- Be party to the most spoken language in the world and open up future opportunities
- A foreign language is recognized as an important element and contributing subject to the English Baccalaureate and ’Best 8’ achievement measures.