Our Offer for SEND Provision
The school's provision for students with special educational needs and/or disailities is highly effective
The aim of the Governors' policy is to ensure equal access to all areas of the curriculum so that the needs and potential of all students are met within a caring and protective environment. The school ensures a coherent policy by:
- Identifying a named Governor with responsibility for SEN
- Identifying a school co-ordinator for SEN
- Identifying a member of staff within each department as a link person with responsibility for liaison on matters of SEN
The school ensures access to all areas of the National Curriculum, offers a varied, flexible and relevant curriculum post 14, and takes note of aptitudes and interests at recruitment and when making timetabling provision.
The school ensures appropriate planning and resourcing in meeting the responsibilities of the SEN Code of Practice by establishing relevant group sizes following identification, assessment and continuous monitoring and review of students' needs. A special needs register is maintained and individual education plans produced as required by the Code of Practice.
Close liaison with parents and all relevant external agencies are a particular priority in providing for students with SEN.
In line with the whole school accessibility plan we are fully accessible by wheelchairs and have successfully met the following:
- Improved access to the physical environment
- Increased access for disabled students to the school curriculum
- Improved the delivery of written information to disabled students
|Meeting Individual Needs||Safeguarding|
|Teaching and Learning||Transition|