Year 10 & 11 Language Spec
Qualification: GCSE English Language (9-1)
QAN Code: 601/4292/3
Level: 1 & 2
Exam Board: AQA
What you learn about:
· Demonstrate your understanding of fiction and non–fiction texts
· Develop close reading and analytical skills in evaluating specific texts
· Write descriptive and narrative pieces
· Write to present a viewpoint
· Develop communication skills through discussion and presentation.
This is two year course is assessed through external examination at the end of Year 11.
Paper 1: 1 hour 45 minutes
50% of GCSE
Paper 2: 1 hour 45 minutes
50 % of GCSE
Spoken Language: This is set and marked by your English teacher. It is a compulsory part of the course and is certified separately.