Year 10 & 11 Literature Spec
Qualification: GCSE English Literature (9-1)
QAN Code: 601/4447/6
Level: 1 & 2
Exam Board: AQA
What you learn about:
· Develop close reading and analytical skills in evaluating specific texts
· Read and study a Shakespeare Text
· Read and study a 19th Century Novel
· Read and study a Modern Text
· Read and study a collection of poetry on the theme of power and conflict.
This is two year course is assessed through external examination at the end of Year 11.
Paper 1: Shakespeare and the 19th Century Novel
1 hour 45 minutes
40% of GCSE
Paper 2: Modern Text and Poetry
2 hour 15 minutes
60 % of GCSE
It is a requirement that students study both English Language and English Literature and therefore gaining two separate GCSEs in the English subjects.